Holy moly. Have you ever seen a presidential convention in such disarray with it’s extreme anti-sexism? Even GOP advisors are calling it a “Hot Mess” – with the only unity among the GOP simply based on “hatred”.
IF YOU’RE NOT PLANNING TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER, LET ME KNOW NOW SO I CAN COME RIGHT OVER TO YOUR HOUSE… RIGHT NOW.
Reproductive freedom, gun violence, voting rights, equality protections, equal pay, healthcare access, family medical leave, child care, labor protections, the environment, foreign policy…the list is endless.
This very dangerous man is being nominated tonight as the GOP presidential candidate. Seriously, our lives and those of our loved ones is on the line if Mr. Trump is actually elected in November.
Hate, racism, sexism, bigotry and much more is being marketed by Trump and his party. Don’t be sidetracked by his daughter Ivanka or any others trying to convince America that Trump will be good for us or that he doesn’t really believe any of the hateful things he spews.
I’M NOT GOING TO BE SILENT FOR THE NEXT 108 DAYS.
I’m off to Philadelphia this weekend for the DNC Convention which begins Monday July 25th. I vow to keep YELLING and SCREAMING until every progressive women in Missouri is motivated to show up on Election Day in November. As Sen. Ted Cruz said last night – “VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE”!
LIZZ WINSTEAD & “LADY PARTS JUSTICE LEAGUE” at our VAGINA BRUNCH
Lizz (Daily Show co-creator, MSNBC regular & comedian) and her wonderful crew of comics stopped by my overflowing home this past Sunday. You try hosting 135 people for brunch AND keeping a straight face while hanging out with Lizz! We ended up raising over $4K to benefit Missouri’s Gateway Women’s Fund, which helps Missourians with expenses for abortion care. It was a fun filled brunch – complete with Eunice the Uterus (LPJ’s hand puppet) and even a life size Uterus in costume from Columbia.
1) Lizz Winstead, her Lady Parts Justice League comics with Dr. Colleen McNicholas & myself 2) The brunch crowd 3) Winning the prize for the youngest – Emma Wood Hummel with Lizz. 4) Planned Parenthood”s Tim Williams with Sen. Schaefer 5) Dr. Colleen McNicholas (Sen. Schaefer’s favorite target) 6) Vagina-inspired attendees
Check out Lizz’s video which she made especially for Missouri’s Sen. Schaefer (part of her 50 state series in calling out bad electeds who love to attack women’s reproductive rights) – HERE. Right now she & her crew are at the GOP Convention in Cleveland – raising a ruckus among those who think we’re just all subservient nincompoops.
GIRLS FOR PRESIDENT
Have you seen anything cuter? Eloise invited me to her #6 Birthday Party this week which was all about Running for President – Girls, that is.
She and 25 pals (girls and boys) made their own real yard signs to take home, voted in Eloise’s handmade voting booth, decorated cookie White Houses and listened to me read the popular book, “Grace for President”.
And what’s a party without red white & blue bomb pops? Everyone there raved about her fabulous party with others (of all ages) begging to have one of their own.
The best is that Eloise gets it!
And she’s only 6. She gets the absence of women on the list of U.S. Presidents and the importance of women being in leadership – everywhere.
THIS is the birthday party EVERY SINGLE GIRL/WOMAN needs to have!
108 DAYS UNTIL NOVEMBER 8TH
If you CAN’t handle the thought of a Trump presidency…
A Trump Supreme Court.
A Trump Congress, Trump State Legislatures… READ MORE HERE.
1) You AND Every Single member of your family over the age of 18 MUST be registered to vote (deadline to vote in Missouri’s General Election = October 12th).
2) Going to be out of town November 8th? Vote Absentee. Don’t forget about those college kids away from home in the fall. Tape this to the refrigerator NOW – Missouri Absentee Ballot Direction
3) Get ready to PHONE BANK YOUR HEART OUT – the General Campaign will kick off after the conventions all over the country.
4) Forward this to EVERY friend you have who cares about: reproductive justice, gun violence prevention, voters rights, equality rights, pay equity, family medical leave, minimum wage, labor protections, childcare….